You might have heard about the Milwaukee man who was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn’t start.
“I can do that, it’s my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want,” 56-year-old Keith Walendowski reportedly told police.
Sure, it’s a splashy story — the kind that the national news outlets feast upon. But what about the lesser crimes against lawn-care equipment and home appliances that go overlooked? Here are some of the headlines you didn’t read:
* Peoria man belittles his weed-whacker in front of the neighbor children
* Topeka grandmother slaps Mr. Coffee
* Teenage gamer flings his Wii
* Enraged mother pummels toaster after it refuses to l’eggo her Eggo
* Fort Wayne man throws remote control, cable box and TV out window when he can’t change channel away from “The View”